Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3817914 times)

Offline rudistoned

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #765 on: June 22, 2013, 11:11:31 AM »
As I told you, you could also just upload the images and I'll do the tagging. Some parts of the code I used to generate to first batch of tag files exists only in the history of the tags branch. It's not very fleshed out as its not meant to be a permanent solution ;-)
I'll improve it when I tag the new images.

Btw, the bugs in master should be fixed in the latest revision, unless I overlooked something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #766 on: June 22, 2013, 11:48:37 AM »
As I told you, you could also just upload the images and I'll do the tagging. Some parts of the code I used to generate to first batch of tag files exists only in the history of the tags branch. It's not very fleshed out as its not meant to be a permanent solution ;-)
I'll improve it when I tag the new images.

It's ok, I wrote tagging script myself as I did not know when you were coming back. Everything is tagged and I will be uploading over a gig of new girls/pics to content shortly.

PS: This is a good thing btw since I now have better understanding of how tagging system works.

Btw, the bugs in master should be fixed in the latest revision, unless I overlooked something.

I thought you just implemented a temporary solution cause you did not have time to finish. You've completely removed 'per brothel' filters, now, no matter which brothel you sort by, every girls report and every brothel report is filtered into one list (obviously not as intended)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:28:25 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #767 on: June 22, 2013, 02:15:11 PM »
Well, didn't manage to do any serious coding today (still have like 3 -4 hours to go), but fixed a bunch of bugs and did some testing.

We may be facing some performance issues with a very high number of girls in the game so I guess there is a call to write better code. We're more than ok for now, here are some results:

At 7200 events, we're talking some serious waiting time on next day (like 20 secs). Game never crashed but this is still not very reassuring (that said, we're talking like 1500 girls in this case and unoptimized code)

At 4016 events, very acceptable 2 - 3 secs waiting time (about the same as WM with a lot of girls if I recall correctly). Didn't bug me at all.

At 1232 events, almost instantaneous.

Fun Fact: Dark's girls annihilated all costumers in barbrawl/girl attack events, apparently most of them are warriors :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #768 on: June 22, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
LoL WTF... Kurenai looks awesome, new girls really brighten up the game, way to go Dark  8)

(Since I am supposed to complain about something, you've had two mistakes in xml file  :D )

Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #769 on: June 22, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »
I thought you just implemented a temporary solution cause you did not have time to finish. You've completely removed 'per brothel' filters, now, no matter which brothel you sort by, every girls report and every brothel report is filtered into one list (obviously not as intended)
Yes, I removed the per brothel filter because I tought we only support one brothel currently. I thought the next day screen depends on the brothel variable to determine which brothel is currently selected, but it actually doesnt. After reading the next day code many times, I now see that it actually supports several brothels. Sorry about that, I'll fix it. Does the whole game support more than one brothel?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #770 on: June 22, 2013, 03:02:41 PM »
Dark's girls annihilated all costumers in barbrawl/girl attack events, apparently most of them are warriors
Let's see, we have two battle androids from Xenosaga, all those ninjas from Naruto, technomages from Ar Tonelico, persona users from Persona and experienced melee fighters from Soul Eater. I guess characters from One Piece are the weakest among all  ;D

Still, only androids are really powerful, both in the source and in Pytfall, since they literally have weapons of mass destruction installed.  So it's your customers are weaklings, you have to make them stronger.

you've had two mistakes in xml file
Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I didn't have time for testing girls xmls. I'm lucky to have only 2 mistakes (hopefully).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:04:49 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #771 on: June 22, 2013, 03:04:30 PM »
Yes, I removed the per brothel filter because I tought we only support one brothel currently. I thought the next day screen depends on the brothel variable to determine which brothel is currently selected, but it actually doesnt. After reading the next day code many times, I now see that it actually supports several brothels. Sorry about that, I'll fix it. Does the whole game support more than one brothel?

Whole game supports either at least 10 brothels (or infinity after refactoring, I don't remember). There is a buy brothel screen, you can get more brothels there, Json brothels file is messed up because of new upgrades system, but I'll fix that at some point. Also upgrade screen is a bit off if not all upgrade branches are available, I'll fix that soon as well. My next task is to make new upgrades meaningful and make auto-rest-rested-back to work system work.

PS: Right filter window is already fixed (viewport not working), I'll push that and more after new content is uploaded to SF.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:15:11 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #772 on: June 22, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
Let's see, we have two battle androids from Xenosaga, all those ninjas from Naruto, technomages from Ar Tonelico, persona users from Persona and experienced melee fighters from Soul Eater. I guess characters from One Piece are the weakest among all  ;D

Still, only androids are really powerful, both in the source and in Pytfall, since they literally have weapons of mass destruction installed.  So it's your customers are weaklings, you have to make them stronger.

That explains it, in the past guards usually got their asses handed to them, especially in brawl events where they had to subdue multiple customers at the same time.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I didn't have time for testing girls xmls. I'm lucky to have only 2 mistakes (hopefully).

There are no more structural mistakes, game design is a different issue but we'll figure that out later.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:26:31 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #773 on: June 22, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »
@CW

I thought you did some work on girl packs as well, are your girls included in Dark's pack??? I only found a link to a gallery with new pics for Hinata/Sakura/TenTen in your folder?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #774 on: June 22, 2013, 03:29:36 PM »
Huh? No they don't. And there is a link to Bleach, NGE and Sailor Moon packs (although only NGE girls have xml right now).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #775 on: June 22, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »
Huh? No they don't. And there is a link to Bleach, NGE and Sailor Moon packs (although only NGE girls have xml right now).

Alright, I got something mixed up then.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #776 on: June 22, 2013, 04:30:35 PM »
@CW

I thought you did some work on girl packs as well, are your girls included in Dark's pack??? I only found a link to a gallery with new pics for Hinata/Sakura/TenTen in your folder?
I moved them from shared dropbox folder to private one, to save space and also because I'm still changing them a lot.
But there's nothing new, as I did almost nothing in past two months. (But my school ended yesterday, so I should finally have some time from now on)
If that link can't be used, I upload them somewhere if you want. But it's like DarkTl said, I only have data file for evangelion girls now, rest are just stored images.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #777 on: June 22, 2013, 04:41:49 PM »
I moved them from shared dropbox folder to private one, to save space and also because I'm still changing them a lot.
But there's nothing new, as I did almost nothing in past two months. (But my school ended yesterday, so I should finally have some time from now on)
If that link can't be used, I upload them somewhere if you want. But it's like DarkTl said, I only have data file for evangelion girls now, rest are just stored images.

Awesome, I wasn't rushing you or anything like that, we've all agreed to work at our own pace and as time permits. There is no need to upload them elsewhere.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #778 on: June 22, 2013, 07:21:53 PM »
Phew... and done for tonight :)

Everything has been upped to SF.

@Dark
You can delete your girlpack from DB now.

Changes to code:
- Viewport fixed on right NDL filter
- New girls for testing (by Dark)
- Started resfactoring of next day girl's method
- Added joy mod due to flowerbeds
- Fixed some bugs
- AutoRest - Bach to Work - AutoRest is now working
- Dice function either fixed or slightly messed up (Check forums)
- Total amount of acts is now displayed on ND
- Simple tagging script added
- Tested large amount of events/acts, good results, RenPy/Python/Code are not letting us down
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #779 on: June 23, 2013, 05:41:13 AM »
A gigabyte of new content? You guys are crazy  :D