devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3818484 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #780 on: June 23, 2013, 05:52:46 AM »
I've resized all huge pics to 1000x1000, and I'm fine with resizing them even more since I don't have/need megalarge display, but some people have them, so...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #781 on: June 23, 2013, 06:05:00 AM »
A gigabyte of new content? You guys are crazy  :D

There is more... first thing I figured out that traits are not being loaded on game start. Going to fix that soon.

List of immediate coding plans (in no particular order):

1) Girls Control Screen
- AutoRest
- SlaveDriver
- Service Girl job (Lock tasks)
- Whore job (Lock acts)
- Move wage mod to this screen
- Post job activities (Placeholder since subsystems are not ready)
- Load traits on game start-up (was working before, got broken at some point I guess)

- Sell slavegirls option (maybe better at some location as well, just in the profile screen for now)
- Revision of finance system
- Figure out random girls

2) Brothels
- Make all new upgrades meaningful
- Fix empty frames appearing if not all upgrade branches are available
- Fix brothels JSON file to include new upgrades (Dark/CW can do that as well as I btw)
- Hire pro cleaners to clean the building (Instant clean vs a fee deal)
- SlaveDriver effect on all girls who's agree/have no choice but to agree (Brothel-wide area)
- Lock acts (brothel-wide effect) at risk of loosing costumers
- Activate sell brothel button

3) Jobs
- More trait checks
- Re-balancing
- Work out some raiding jobs for warriors (catacombs alternative to WM)
- Club brawl event? Not sure that we need one, but bar brawl event can be literally copied with 1 - 2 changes. Make sure fight is vs actual costumers from the list and NOT on generated on spot once.
- Add something like Demanding, Aggressive traits for costumers and check on that and costumer satisfaction + matched traits (found the right girl = No attack) for starting fighting events
- Relay results of guard activities to guard job (restore guard job report for that matter :) )
- Add 'Per job filters' on NDL (@Brothel filter only)

4) MC
- Screen at game start (choosing class/pics)
- Adapt Stat-boundry checking methods from girls class
- Adapt leveling system from girls class
- Add alignment stat
- Add control screen
- Add items equipment screen
- Adapt/improve upon creating party system from Alkion

5) Items
- Improve screens (on Dark's request)
- Item transfer system

6) Content
- Girlsmeets/interactions:
Responses checking order (on what's relevant bases) occupation --> disposition --> stats --> traits

- New locations
- Create shops
- Create NPCs
- Create some form of rudimentary exploration system (maybe just "look for action" in dangerous locations button for Alpha version)

Phew, prolly more but this will do for now, I always have trouble finding stuff to do, this will be of some help :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:59:39 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #782 on: June 23, 2013, 06:21:16 AM »
I've resized all huge pics to 1000x1000, and I'm fine with resizing them even more since I don't have/need megalarge display, but some people have them, so...
I am using 1200x1200 as a limit size and 91 jpg quality for most of the images. That way 400 pictures have a nice 55 MB size. But I'm thinking about increasing it for new girls, because the artifacts are noticeable sometimes... but size rises really fast with quality... hard to decide...

A gigabyte of new content? You guys are crazy  :D
And you see nothing!
My completed girls have 4300 images and 600MB
But my working folder have 47 140 images and over 20GB  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #783 on: June 23, 2013, 06:26:00 AM »
But my working folder have 47 140 images and over 20GB  :D

I am now officially afraid of you :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #784 on: June 23, 2013, 06:41:45 AM »
I am using 1200x1200 as a limit size and 91 jpg quality for most of the images. That way 400 pictures have a nice 55 MB size. But I'm thinking about increasing it for new girls, because the artifacts are noticeable sometimes
Ah, I'm using 100 quality to minimize artifacts, and 400 pics have about 100 MB size. Still, it's much less than whithout resizing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #785 on: June 23, 2013, 08:08:19 AM »
Girl normalization and traits loading on start-up has been moved into girl's class. Traits as they're now are unbalanced and break some of my methods (due to pushing certain stats to negative values), I will fix that when I get to fin rescaling.

Conan with her traits loaded:

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #786 on: June 23, 2013, 08:32:38 AM »
I don't see anything strange here, she had a hard life and she is able to turn to paper a whole damn sea :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #787 on: June 23, 2013, 08:45:44 AM »
I don't see anything strange here, she had a hard life and she is able to turn to paper a whole damn sea :)

True, but remember that we've agreed to relate to anime/shows only to a certain point. Otherwise gameplay will turn out retarded no matter what we do. In any case, I'll improve fin methods but this will have to be rebalanced or normalized (stats forcibly reset to a maximum allowed by girl's class at start-up), not even MC should be allowed to start with battle-stats so high.

In any case, balancing is a task for the future, I will start making new upgrades useful right now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #788 on: June 23, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »
Well, I expect truly powerful characters to be found not in the streets, but in some dungeons and other dangerous locations.
As for initial stats, you should give us, packs makers, approximate values of power. I have no idea what means magic 70, especially since you mentioned that there is no absolute maximum, so I personally expected an average stat value about 200-300 after schools.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #789 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:27 AM »
Well, I expect truly powerful characters to be found not in the streets, but in some dungeons and other dangerous locations.
As for initial stats, you should give us, packs makers, approximate values of power. I have no idea what means magic 70, especially since you mentioned that there is no absolute maximum, so I personally expected an average stat value about 200-300 after schools.

We'll leave it as it is and create tables at later stages of development. I would prefer if we managed to balance the whole thing in one attempt (even if it will prolly be a long attempt) and apply small fixes later. If we try to balance traits now, there is a good chance that we'll have to do so again in month or so.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #790 on: June 23, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
I have one purely cosmetic idea about initial stats: give the opportunity to create pseudo traits within girls xmls.
Let's say, I make Konan, and I write something like that in a separate section of xml:
   <ptrait
      id="Paper Jutsu"
      desc="Bla-bla-bla">
      <mod magic = '40' />
      <max magic = 40' />
   </ptrait>
   <ptrait
      id="Toad Hermit Student"
      desc="Bla-bla-bla">
      <mod attack = '40' />
      <max attack = 40' />
   </ptrait>
   <ptrait
      id="Traumatic Childhood"
      desc="Bla-bla-bla">
      <max joy = -40' />
   </ptrait>
instead of simple
      <mod magic = '40' />
      <max magic = 40' />
      <mod attack = '40' />
      <max attack = 40' />
      <max joy = -40' />
It won't help us at all, but it will embellish the game and create a kind of uniqueness to the characters without millions of traits and skills.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #791 on: June 23, 2013, 10:28:46 AM »
Can't say that I see the point... but a possibility.
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #792 on: June 23, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
Well, the point is to give characters unique sets of stat modifiers that also have a name. From a wider perspective, the point is to make the characters more distinctive from one another. I think it's a decent idea. We might be able to just use regular traits for that. Then we would only have to teach the game to also load traits from character files (data.xml?).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #793 on: June 23, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »
Then we would only have to teach the game to also load traits from character files (data.xml?).

? Done and Done :)

EDIT: On the whole pseudo traits idea. I cannot really understand the difference between that and simply allowing modding starting max/min stats in girls.xml file as well as starting stats themselves? Girls 'Uniqueness' can be described in her description as it is supposed to. What you guys suggest seems redundant, but maybe it's just me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:40:55 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #794 on: June 23, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »
Haha, well, brilliants can only shine, but they still cost millions of dollars  :D

Yeah, you could simply modding starting max/min stats in girls xmls, but it's too boring and plain.
And yes, uniqueness can be described in her description, and the whole game story and plot could be described in a separate readme.txt file too, like in old shooters.

You probably still should allow to do so for those pack makers who too lazy to make unique traits, and for character with unknown or boring past.

Also such traits probably cannot be removed during the game, so if you have plans like gradual degradation of stats to zero, they will interfere.
And because of loading traits from several character files some pseudo traits could be duplicated, so make sure to use warnings.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:11:31 PM by DarkTl »