Author Topic: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>  (Read 104672 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 10:05:03 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but is there (or are you planning) a way to enslave girls you woo'd?

Planning.

"Touhou1" girls folder is named incorrectly "Touhou" in alpha and it's causing bugs (all .json and .xml are set to right name "Touhou1")
Same for my originally Naruto_0 girls.

Folder names should not matter.

btw. I noticed that you are talking about the game in some other forums too. I never went somewhere else than this one / is there some other place that I should know about? (some other suggestions are there?)

https://www.futanaripalace.com/showthread.php?55462-WIP-PyTFall-%28Ren-Py%29
http://forum.otherworldgame.net/index.php?topic=335.msg2494#new
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/428302-WIP-PyTFall-%28Ren-Py%29?p=3520149#post3520149
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/t730-wip-pytfall-ren-py
http://www.legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3973
https://www.henthighschool.com/other-projects/%28wip%29-pytfall-%28ren%27py%29/msg11783/#new
http://eliont-twilight.blogspot.com/

-------------
I usually don't get any in-work report from my service girls. Are they really working? Because dirt is piling up so fast, I suppose they're not.
Just tested it in dev version: Service girls are not doing anything without a bar. I believe they should be allowed to clean without it. I'll try to find it in the code...

Bug? I was sure that I've fixed this looong time ago!
Like what we're doing?

Offline geoper

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »
Hello, I have a question regarding the images and the tagging system, sorry if it's alreday answered somewhere, I couldn't find it. The image file name doesn't matter for the game to show it like in WM, is the tags what the game looks for when loading one? Thanks in advance.  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 03:34:53 PM »
Hello, I have a question regarding the images and the tagging system, sorry if it's alreday answered somewhere, I couldn't find it. The image file name doesn't matter for the game to show it like in WM, is the tags what the game looks for when loading one? Thanks in advance.  :)

Name of the file does matter... game will in fact crash if you start renaming your files.

It works like this:

Native packs:

- Tagged with a tagging software available for Windows: Link
- All images keep tag data INSIDE of themselves as XMP data. Renaming an image will not change that fact.
- The same software creates a tags.json file, it contains names of ALL images in the folder and their tags!
- That data.json file is read by the game and loaded when you start a new game.
======

WM/Crazy WM Mod packs:

- Works off file names.
- All WM/WM Crazy Mod image categories is translated into tags from PyTFall, usually super similar.
- Any other images must be named like PyTFall tags, they will be loaded into the game as well, but such packs currently do not exist.
======

Those are the two ways... Crazy packs you don't even have to make, there are tons of them available but all girls from those will be sent to slavemarket as they lack the functionality required by girlsmeets and Arena that are native to PyTFall. You will also miss out on a great amount of events and positions during jobs that are available only for native packs but that is in no way game breaking and in no way disadvantageous logic wise!
Like what we're doing?

Offline bondrus

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 04:41:12 PM »
I wonder if its not implemented yet or its just dosent work - items dont up the max of stat like joy or libido wether its on or not max stat = 100.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 05:47:16 PM »
I wonder if its not implemented yet or its just dosent work - items dont up the max of stat like joy or libido wether its on or not max stat = 100.

They will!!! You just need to a character with a high level. Good items that raise max stats work best on chars with lots of experience (who know how to use them).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Libita

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 06:17:16 PM »
Here's what I encountered during a short Trial run:

Questions:
- what are the hero skills like sex and charisma for?

(Possible) bugs:
- Using the patched library makes interaction texts disappear almost as soon as they appear. This didn't happen to me on the unpatched version.
- Traits are explained in the bottom window. Effects, however, are not?
- I equipped my character with expensive knuckles. The damage, however, seems to be the same as unarmed. A much cheaper short sword gave me vastly higher damage readings. What's more, I have two entried for a fist attack, one "fist attack" and one "fistattack" on my character, but only one "fist" option during combat. Might have something to do with that.
- I also have the impression that raising the max ratings didn't work on my character.

Suggestions:
- If you want to leave an area, you have to "close through" every area you have visited on the way. How about a possibility to close all open Windows or a fast way to get back to the town map?
- There is the obvious method to earn money in the Arena that's suited to warriors. Is there any equivalent for Casanovas? Would that be a possibility?
- between the weekly and daily costs and the rest times, slaves hardly finance themselves for quite a while. Unless I am doing anything wrong, I can barely save enough money to do anything. 
- When flirting with girls, you can repeat the same line over and over even during the same dialog to earn about the same number of points. How about diminishing returns on the same dialog to avoid spamming the same line?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 07:00:09 PM »
Questions:
- what are the hero skills like sex and charisma for?

- Payout from SlaveMaket work depends on those.
- Charisma will lower required disposition during girlsmeets for almost any action.
- Sex/Charisma play big role in interaction where it's applicable.

(Possible) bugs:
- Using the patched library makes interaction texts disappear almost as soon as they appear. This didn't happen to me on the unpatched version.
- Traits are explained in the bottom window. Effects, however, are not?
- I equipped my character with expensive knuckles. The damage, however, seems to be the same as unarmed. A much cheaper short sword gave me vastly higher damage readings. What's more, I have two entried for a fist attack, one "fist attack" and one "fistattack" on my character, but only one "fist" option during combat. Might have something to do with that.
- I also have the impression that raising the max ratings didn't work on my character.

- I cannot tell why, those setting should not be effected by anything in the library (you need to adjust skipping in options to fix this, it should be just a setting).
- We do not have descriptions for effect yet.
- I know... items are outdated, any sword multiplies damage on BattleEngine level, knuckles do not do that. Items need to be revised to reflect current realities of the game. (So yeah, it's kinda of a bug/design flow).
- There is a complex system at place. Expensive items will have more effect when your characters are at high levels.

Suggestions:
- If you want to leave an area, you have to "close through" every area you have visited on the way. How about a possibility to close all open Windows or a fast way to get back to the town map?
- There is the obvious method to earn money in the Arena that's suited to warriors. Is there any equivalent for Casanovas? Would that be a possibility?
- between the weekly and daily costs and the rest times, slaves hardly finance themselves for quite a while. Unless I am doing anything wrong, I can barely save enough money to do anything. 
- When flirting with girls, you can repeat the same line over and over even during the same dialog to earn about the same number of points. How about diminishing returns on the same dialog to avoid spamming the same line?

- Already there with the latest patch.
- Work in the slavemarket, It used stats that Casanova class rulez over.
- Money is difficult to come by... it'll get better once you have a couple of ranked prostitutes or can fight at the highest level in the arena. Game start is very slow... yes. We prolly should make it a bit easier or add difficulty levels.
- CWs girlsmeets already do that I think. It can be done, maybe even automated, we'll improve this stuff as we move forward with the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Libita

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »
Thanks for clarification and the fast reply.

Offline geoper

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »
Name of the file does matter... game will in fact crash if you start renaming your files.

I think I didn't explain myself properly. I wanted to add images or make a girl from scratch. I knew already of the tool for tagging and all that, what I wasn't certain of, was if the filename was critical like in WM. The filenames in girls like Hinata weren't too friendly if you wanted to add files, and my first suposition was that it worked like crazy's. I learnt the crash way that it didn't and I researched for the tagging tool.Well, thanks for your explanation. I didn't want to trouble you more, so I went and did a custom girl with images from WM, tagged them without changing filenames and edited an XML and it worked, so I answered my question that way xD.

Again, thanks for your time and congratulations, the game is really fun, I like the difficult at the start, is something WM and Crazy's didn't have. I'm looking forward for the rest of the features.

PD: In the last patch, on the file classes - characters.rpy, line 1985, if a girl has a trait that is not on the list, it should write a message to devlog, well, the variable "key" doesn't exist or is not initialized there and is "trait".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:57:15 AM by geoper »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 04:19:30 AM »
PD: In the last patch, on the file classes - characters.rpy, line 1985, if a girl has a trait that is not on the list, it should write a message to devlog, well, the variable "key" doesn't exist or is not initialized there and is "trait".

Oki, I'll add that to the next patch.

Good luck with your mod :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline bondrus

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 07:44:50 AM »
They will!!! You just need to a character with a high level. Good items that raise max stats work best on chars with lots of experience (who know how to use them).
Was it joke? Bcoz 12 lvl gril cznt use Wool Slippers? O-o dose she need lvl 100 for dat?  ???

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 10:03:49 AM »
Was it joke? Bcoz 12 lvl gril cznt use Wool Slippers? O-o dose she need lvl 100 for dat?  ???

LoooooL

We'll redesign stats/items soon. But yeah :D To take the full advantage of using Wool Slippers if they raise a maximum, she'd have to be of a higher level. Otherwise her normal stats will increase just as advertised...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 10:12:07 AM »
Hey guys,

Congratz on the release. Hope the communinity can help finetune the game.
Thanks for the hard work.

Will try to play it later on.

Xip

Offline Yaggaya

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
Not sure if it's included yet or answered before, but how to Setup Team for Arena 2vs2 or 3vs3 Fights?

Rest working fine 4 me.

Greetz!

Offline Libita

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 11:16:59 AM »
Another thing I just encountered: equipping your free girls with stat-boosting equipment ups the work price.