Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352958 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
I am using the strikethrough'd packs in the main download thread, + the updated thing below it... which is 32 kb. I am unaware of any other pytfall(or compatible WM?) packs out there.

1)
You could get Dropbox and join our shared folder, there are fresh links to updated native packs availible there, if you don't already have one, use this refferal:

https://db.tt/n73tZzn9

We'll both get 500Mb free.

2)
All unique packs for WM and WM crazy mod will work in PyTFall @ limited capacity, meaning that they will all be sent to SM and don't have any special tags we use but they will work fine non the less. Actually, for me they have a feeling of strange familiarity and gallery with clearcut categories looks a bit better as well.

I am looking at the code I wrote for courses (Damn things should have been classes but I didn't know enough about classes back then so they are really silly looking dicts :) ) Dance course is supposed to give very considerable increases to strip, this is how courses are built:

COURSES = {
            'Beauty': dict(action = 'Beauty Course', primestats = ['charisma'], secstats = ['refinement'], desc = "This course focuses on training charsima, refinement improvement is also to be expected. "),
            'Combat': dict(action = 'Combat Course', primestats = ['attack', 'magic', 'defence', 'agility'], secstats = ['constitution','fame'], desc = "This course focuses on training of Battle Stats, constitution and fame may also improve. "),
            'Dance': dict(action = 'Dance Course', primestats = ['constitution', 'strip'], secstats = ['agility', 'refinement', 'charisma', 'fame'], desc = "This course will mainly focus on improving constitution, striptease skill will obviously also improve. May also improve agility, refinement, charisma and fame! "),
            'Etiquette': dict(action = 'Etiquette Course' ,primestats = ['refinement', 'intelligence'], secstats = ['charisma', 'reputation'], desc = "Focus on refinement and intelligence. Might also improve charsima and reputation! "),
            'Service': dict(action = 'Service Course', primestats = ['service'], secstats = ['reputation'], desc = 'Plainly focuses on service skillset, reputation may also improve'),
            'XXX': dict(action = 'XXX Course', primestats = ['anal', 'normalsex', 'blowjob', 'lesbian'], secstats = ['strip', 'constitution'], desc = "Training in all sex and seduction techniques. May also improve striptease skill and constitution. ")
        }

There might be some error when applying the stats BUT it's the same code for every course so it's either EVERYTHING is bugged or nothing is. They will be cheaper too + teachers will be able to teach toward MUCH higher levels of stats.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »
Just tested signboard option. 74 clients without it, 74 with it. I don't believe that it does something right now. Especially since you supposed to have 0 clients without it.

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
I attempted several different courses of the same type over several days with multiple girls on two separate new games.

Combat and dance do not work.
Service, beauty, etiquette and XXX courses work properly.

How do I get access to this shared dropbox?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »
I attempted several different courses of the same type over several days with multiple girls on two separate new games.

Combat and dance do not work.
Service, beauty, etiquette and XXX courses work properly.

I'll look into this but it's strange, those should not be handled on per course bases.

nm, found a mistake there in two seconds.

PM me your DB id or email.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:56:11 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »

You should have access now.

Ok, I think that I've fixed all bugs (that were bugs) you're reported except for crazy stats at guard job and crazy experience everywhere.

- I have an idea about the stats, it might be the same thing as before but applied directly during the event.

- Experience on the other hand... it could be that the adjustment formula itself is bugged, since we are using D&D leveling system, I just rewrote some math formula I found on a forum into python code, there is a possibility that whoever wrote the formula was wrong...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2014, 04:44:25 PM »
I just went over the code, it's poorly written but it seems sound... the experience formula I got off that forum on the other hand, doesn't make any sense math-wise. Basically it takes current level, multiplies it by current level - 1 and multiplies it by the amount of experience character is supposed to earn...

So... lets say we have a girl of level 35, she has 600 000 exp and requires 30 000 for next level up...

Now we give her half of that, forum claimed that it's a correct formula for adjusting experience gains based on levels:

35 * 34 * 15 000 = 17850000 ...

If it's a correct adjustment, something is prolly wrong with me :)

So I think that we've found the root of all evil! Now only thing remains is to come up with a formula that would work...

Edit:

I believe:

level multiplied by experience would be a sound linear leveling system, no idea where they found the level - 1 bit.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:58:09 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »
Ok, I've just updated SF code.

All real bugs reported should now be fixed (balancing issues/incomplete concepts set aside). I even threw in the employment bar to the items transfer screen :)

PS: Girls can now complete courses as well, they can still learn even after completion but they will not get another stat boost.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
I actually don't know what you mean by complete courses? Is there a limit to the amount of stats you can get from courses? Do you get a bonus for finishing a course?

Glad to see you found that xp bug! Burn that evil with righteous fire.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2014, 06:01:02 PM »
I actually don't know what you mean by complete courses? Is there a limit to the amount of stats you can get from courses? Do you get a bonus for finishing a course?

Yes:

'Teacher Skill' = Ability of a teacher to actually teach stuff, bad teacher even with high personal knowledge might be shitty.
'Teacher Knowledge' = Teacher will not be able to push girls stats passed this level.
'Duration' = Duration of the course.
'Days Left' = Days left until the course is terminated.

Now, in order to complete the course, girl needs to follow at least 70% of it's duration. By doing so, she'd get extra bonuses and that will be reported. You can pull her off the course for a couple of days and then put her back there, it would not matter.

PS: Just realized there is a problem with that code, I'll quick fix it in a moment.

Glad to see you found that xp bug! Burn that evil with righteous fire.

Lets hope that it's gone  ;D
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2014, 06:30:22 PM »
I believe:

level multiplied by experience would be a sound linear leveling system, no idea where they found the level - 1 bit.

This is how it is in D&D: lv = current level

lv*(lv-1)*500 = total exp needed for current level

lv*1000 = how much exp is needed for lv up

so if you want totally linear progression, do something X times to lv up at any level, it should give: lv*1000*1/X  exp. 

X is usually some preselected number * difficulty factor (something comparing your stats to enemy stats) + something that make it go little parabolic
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:56:58 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
This is how it is in D&D:lv = current level

lv*(lv-1)*500 = total exp needed for current level

lv*1000 = how much exp is needed for lv up

so if you want to do something X times to lv up at any level, it should give: lv*1000*1/X  exp. 

It's sound, just doesn't help us at the moment.

We just need to came up with some parabolic function for X so it's not linear.

I can code in a parabolic increment for experience but that will not solve anything (will just confuse a hell load of people).

What we need is a thought through and balanced system that takes a number of factors. D&D works because you gain less experience for killing lower level monsters and more experience for killing higher level monsters than your current level. This can be reasonably transferred to a battle system but is a bit trickier with the Jobs, School, Events and so on.

We'll get it right after the Alpha/Beta, there is no point in it now because code-base is to immature, I need to recode a number of things before I can make this happen.

PS: Still hacking at my old shitty code in Courses, if I don't get it done in the next 15 mins, recoding the whole thing will be my next move (it's a closed off system so it's not that much code).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »
Ok, courses at least "might" work now... just pushed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2014, 06:33:58 AM »
Sync'd updated. Put in all those girl packs. <-- may be the cause.

New game testing, loaded an autosave after accidentally missing a courses end and wanted to see the results.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 10, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 93, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 3309, in python
KeyError: '<store.Girl object at 0x2AA5B4D0>'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2014, 08:46:09 AM »
Sync'd updated. Put in all those girl packs. <-- may be the cause.

New game testing, loaded an autosave after accidentally missing a courses end and wanted to see the results.

While running game code:
KeyError: '<store.Girl object at 0x2AA5B4D0>'

Not pack related, this was supposed to be fixed... I'll try to catch the error and get more info on it.

Edit I was unable to replicate it in 100+ days of trying, this is course related and got nothing to do with the packs. I'll push a really small fix, it'll give a large report next time the error occurs, if someone can catch it, post it here.

If this doesn't happen, I'll just silence it by force since school code will be rewritten anyway after Alpha.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:15:44 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »
The traceback file was still sitting in my pytfall folder so...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: '<store.rGirl object at 0x2A674990>'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 720, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 93, in <module>
    course = SchoolJob(girl, school, school_girls)
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 3309, in __init__
    self.course['chars'][str(self.girl)] += 1
KeyError: '<store.rGirl object at 0x2A674990>'

Go nuts.
Edit* Ah , do you need more information still?

Loaded autosave from previous version again after updating pytfall and deleting all .rpyc files.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 3312, in python
TypeError: 'type' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Full traceback:
    node.execute()
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 3312, in __init__
    raise Error [self.course, self.girl.name, self.course["chars"], str(self.girl), self.girl.action, self.girl.mech_relay['courseid']]

Duplicated with new version in new game, completed some courses, started some new ones, loaded an autosave.

Most likely same code as one above... but maybe you will see something different.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 3312, in python

Full traceback:
    node.execute()
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 3312, in __init__
    raise Error [self.course, self.girl.name, self.course["chars"], str(self.girl), self.girl.action, self.girl.mech_relay['courseid']]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:34:55 PM by Jaeke »