devolution

Author Topic: WM:Evolved- Feature discussion  (Read 10625 times)

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
WM:Evolved- Feature discussion
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:59:55 AM »
Hello Again,
Mute here, just want to get your thoughts on the following

1)should player be able to name their character?
2) Should I allow People to Rename girls, yes even unique(as long as they are slaves, free girls No rename)
3) Should I allow Girls and random girls and (Spoiler!!!) Servants and Soldiers, And Captured Beasts) to have last names, or is a first name all we need?
4) Should i Give the player their choice of backgrounds?
5) Should i break sex images into seperate catagories(game will use folder per image tag not image name)
6) Would People like a custom mouse image?
7) how would people like to make the catacombs and part of the city to be more of a rpg, where you can walk around?
 8) Would you all be opposed to Me making Whore Master Evolved a Partial rpg game?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:49:27 AM by MuteDay »
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: (WME)- Feature discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 01:25:55 AM »
1) should player be able to name their character?
Yes.

2) Should I allow People to Rename girls, yes even unique(as long as they are slaves, free girls No rename)
I would say yes to renaming girls but keeping the original name for unique girls as a secondary tag.
As they are now, girls have 2 names in the code,
 - their "Name" which is the basis for the girl, the folder in Characters they use
 - and their "RealName" which is their in game name.
 - Adding a third "OriginalName" would be the one they are given before they came to you

3) Should I allow Girls and random girls and (Spoiler!!!) Servants and Soldiers, And Captured Beasts) to have last names, or is a first name all we need?
I have wanted to add last names to girls (and do manually) whenever you kidnap a customers wife and daughters.
I have just not gotten to it.
Having last names for every girl would not be required as not all cultures even have surnames.

4) Should i Give the player their choice of backgrounds?
Yes

5) Should i break sex images into seperate catagories(game will use folder per image tag not image name)
I was planning on making the image name code allow multiple tags per image file like most of the image sharing sites do.
So you can have an image named "Girl_Name Preg profile nude strip cards 001.jpg" and it could be used for all of those image types.
Another plan was to allow for sub folders in girls folders for easier sorting.

6) Would People like a custom mouse image?
Custom mouse pointers would be funny.
A little hand pinching a girl, a penis floating around the screen, a sword ordering around the gangs.

7) how would people like to make the catacombs and part of the city to be more of a rpg, where you can walk around?
I remember an old ascii game catabyss or something like that.
If you have a girl exploring in a top down dungeon with monsters to avoid or fight, treasure to find, traps, pits, etc.

8) Would you all be opposed to Me making Whore Master Evolved a Partial rpg game?
Make your version how you want it.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline MuteDay

Re: Whore Master Evolved- Feature discussion
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:43:36 AM »

Yes.
Alrighty, sounds good to me
I would say yes to renaming girls but keeping the original name for unique girls as a secondary tag.
As they are now, girls have 2 names in the code,
 - their "Name" which is the basis for the girl, the folder in Characters they use
 - and their "RealName" which is their in game name.
 - Adding a third "OriginalName" would be the one they are given before they came to you
hmmm sounds good to me, shouldnt be to hard to handle that
I have wanted to add last names to girls (and do manually) whenever you kidnap a customers wife and daughters.
I have just not gotten to it.
Having last names for every girl would not be required as not all cultures even have surnames.
Well that is completely doable
Yes
what type of backgrounds would you like to see
I was planning on making the image name code allow multiple tags per image file like most of the image sharing sites do.
So you can have an image named "Girl_Name Preg profile nude strip cards 001.jpg" and it could be used for all of those image types.
Another plan was to allow for sub folders in girls folders for easier sorting.
I may make a tagger part, but what i ment was like making, breaking sex down into more catagories, may stick with base ones for now until i get game running fully
Custom mouse pointers would be funny.
A little hand pinching a girl, a penis floating around the screen, a sword ordering around the gangs.
Then ill do it, shouldnt be that hard
I remember an old ascii game catabyss or something like that.
If you have a girl exploring in a top down dungeon with monsters to avoid or fight, treasure to find, traps, pits, etc.
i was planning the rpg part only for the MC or maybe the MC party
Make your version how you want it.
i am asking because i was wondering what people think about my ideas
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 02:16:41 AM »
what type of backgrounds would you like to see
Backgrounds as in the graphics backgrounds?
Don't care, easy enough for the player to swap out pictures in the resources folders.

Backgrounds as in the players back story?
This would require a ton of text but allowing the player to customize themselves in a initial set of questions and scenarios.
A character creation function that tells a short story with you being able to choose how your character would respond and thus add a few points here and there.
Different options push the player towards different stat/skill/trait availability and points.
Starting with gender choices and early life, then going on to schooling and teen years, finally ending with early adulthood and the death of you parents.
What you choose influences a lot.
Perhaps you had a childhood friend and how you treated them could make them a rival, ally, slave or lover.
What you focus your choices on determines how much you start with:
 - if you focus on fighting, you will have more rivals and fewer friends.
 - if you focused on schooling, you will have more friends or maybe start the game owning the Clinic.
 - if you focus on womanizing, your rivals may be jilted lovers and jealous rivals but you may start with a few girls.

There are a ton of ideas floating in my head but I am not a writer.  :'(

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:29:23 AM »

@aevojoeyi wasn't going to get that in depth but, hey that acctuly sounds really good, ill see what i can do, but if you could give an outline it would help a lot, i am a writer, but i have other projects going at the same time, so makes it sort of hard

a few other things i wanted to ask you
1) Do you have any features you would really want to see added
2) do you know what font the original UI for whore master was used
3) Any Ideas you have that you would like to request for WM:Evolved?

And a few things for you to know
1) i ask alot because i decided to build this for everyone not just me

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 02:58:27 AM »
i wasn't going to get that in depth but, hey that acctuly sounds really good, ill see what i can do, but if you could give an outline it would help a lot, i am a writer, but i have other projects going at the same time, so makes it sort of hard

A few quick reads for character creation:
http://dungeonsmaster.com/2010/11/27-questions/
http://www.plus1gaming.com/2011/07/20-questions-for-deep-character-creation/
http://rpg.ashami.com/
They are mostly for RPG games but can easily be followed for this.

Start with an ooc chat with the player telling them about the game and what to expect.
The first choice is for a random, story based or manual character creation.
 - Random will give a few quick questions and then randomly roll everything.
 -  - No chance of starting with anything special
 -  - The few questions will only set low starting in all but the main stats and skills.
 -  - Very few traits available.
 - Story based will play the story.
 -  - The only way to start off with an extra building.
 -  - Has the highest chance of higher stats/skills
 -  - Can start off with several special characters.
 - Manual will let the player choose themselves.
 -  - You start with a set number of points in all stats and skills
 -  - You can buy stat/skill/traits for money
 -  - You can gain money by taking negative traits or selling rooms from your starting buildings (Brothel and House only).
 -  - You can start with a girl at the cost of 1 additional rival per girl. (Rivals will need to be much tougher)

2) do you know what font the original UI for whore master was used
The font that is included with the game and is set in config.xml in the fonts section = segoeui.ttf

1) Do you have any features you would really want to see added
3) Any Ideas you have that you would like to request for WM:Evolved?
Not that I can think of, most things have already been gone over.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 03:16:02 AM »
kool thanks man, ill check em out tomorrow, not time for bed if i have any other questions ill let ya know,

Offline Kestin

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 07:07:45 AM »
it would be nice if it's compatible with other mod's save file.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 08:07:43 AM »
it would be nice if it's compatible with other mod's save file.

This wouldn't be easy... it's not a mod, not really even a port. It's more like a rewrite.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 08:54:27 AM »
Technicly it would be able to read them if i wanted, but i do not support xml files, all WM: evolved reads is binary

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »
A few quick reads for character creation:
http://dungeonsmaster.com/2010/11/27-questions/
http://www.plus1gaming.com/2011/07/20-questions-for-deep-character-creation/
http://rpg.ashami.com/
They are mostly for RPG games but can easily be followed for this.

Start with an ooc chat with the player telling them about the game and what to expect.
The first choice is for a random, story based or manual character creation.
 - Random will give a few quick questions and then randomly roll everything.
 -  - No chance of starting with anything special
 -  - The few questions will only set low starting in all but the main stats and skills.
 -  - Very few traits available.
 - Story based will play the story.
 -  - The only way to start off with an extra building.
 -  - Has the highest chance of higher stats/skills
 -  - Can start off with several special characters.
 - Manual will let the player choose themselves.
 -  - You start with a set number of points in all stats and skills
 -  - You can buy stat/skill/traits for money
 -  - You can gain money by taking negative traits or selling rooms from your starting buildings (Brothel and House only).
 -  - You can start with a girl at the cost of 1 additional rival per girl. (Rivals will need to be much tougher)

The font that is included with the game and is set in config.xml in the fonts section = segoeui.ttf
Not that I can think of, most things have already been gone over.

Well I am going to get started on this right now, have few things to do to editor first, With a goal to have some playable parts by lets say monday of next week

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »
Backgrounds as in the graphics backgrounds?
Don't care, easy enough for the player to swap out pictures in the resources folders.

Backgrounds as in the players back story?
This would require a ton of text but allowing the player to customize themselves in a initial set of questions and scenarios.
A character creation function that tells a short story with you being able to choose how your character would respond and thus add a few points here and there.
Different options push the player towards different stat/skill/trait availability and points.
Starting with gender choices and early life, then going on to schooling and teen years, finally ending with early adulthood and the death of you parents.
What you choose influences a lot.
Perhaps you had a childhood friend and how you treated them could make them a rival, ally, slave or lover.
What you focus your choices on determines how much you start with:
 - if you focus on fighting, you will have more rivals and fewer friends.
 - if you focused on schooling, you will have more friends or maybe start the game owning the Clinic.
 - if you focus on womanizing, your rivals may be jilted lovers and jealous rivals but you may start with a few girls.
There are a ton of ideas floating in my head but I am not a writer.  :'(

Make a request thread my man. If someone wants to write what you ask they could state so there so others won't write the same thing.  They could then send it to you privately.

I'm kind of disappointed you two aren't working on a common, single version of Whoremaster and the project is basically splitting off. I can respect that, but it's kind of a waste to see two talented programmers doing different versions of the same game.

Offline MuteDay

Re: WM:Evolved- Feature discussion
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 05:06:55 PM »
i am working on evolved because i can not stand to use c++ programming language

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »
Make a request thread my man. If someone wants to write what you ask they could state so there so others won't write the same thing.
Multiple version of things is good, the more options available, the better the results.
The submissions page for the main version is Possible Add-Ons to the Game?

They could then send it to you privately.
I prefer having submissions on the forum so that everyone can use it.

I'm kind of disappointed you two aren't working on a common, single version of Whoremaster and the project is basically splitting off. I can respect that, but it's kind of a waste to see two talented programmers doing different versions of the same game.
i am working on evolved because i can not stand to use c++ programming language
Any submission for MuteDay's version, if posted in a thread, I can convert and use in the main version.
If you are submitting plain text, then what version you make it for does not matter.

Offline MuteDay

Re: WM:Evolved- Feature discussion
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 06:50:58 PM »
Multiple version of things is good, the more options available, the better the results.
The submissions page for the main version is Possible Add-Ons to the Game?

I prefer having submissions on the forum so that everyone can use it.

Any submission for MuteDay's version, if posted in a thread, I can convert and use in the main version.
If you are submitting plain text, then what version you make it for does not matter.

I belive thats what he is talking about, if we both worked on the same version we wouldnt ever have to convert anything
and we could get features much faster, although i agree with have different games, but im not the best in teams