Author Topic: WM Items. Ideas, suggestions, etcetera  (Read 10808 times)

Offline ShoHaFa

WM Items. Ideas, suggestions, etcetera
« on: January 14, 2015, 08:29:36 AM »
I'd like to see more items in WM. Way more items. So, I figured I'd just make them myself (It's really not that hard).
As time permits, I'll upload a package every time I have a new batch of twenty (seems like a nice amount). I currently (when this thread started) made only four, but already have some ideas for more, and I'm open for suggestions, though I will want to keep things fun AND balanced. So that "ring of awesome +100 all stats" probably won't happen.  :P
Whenever I hit 100 items, so five packages, I'll combine them into one single package.

Currently suggested:

In the pipeline for next release:

-reserving the second post for when I start uploading, so I have space to detail the contents of each package once I start uploading-

Notes:
I put stoles into the Armor slot. Already existing capes were also in the armor slot, so it made sense to put stoles there as well. Especially since the girls wanting these specific stats would be less interested in wearing armor anyway. And unlike Consumables or Misc items, this slot can be used without indefinite stacking.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:02:10 PM by ShoHaFa »

Offline ShoHaFa

Re: WM Items. Ideas, suggestions, etcetera
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »
Unpack directly into the Resources\Items folder within your Whoremaster directory.
These items were made for Crazy and PP's mod, so some items might very well cause the regular Whoremaster game to crash!

Downloads:

ShoHaFa Items Pack 1
https://mega.co.nz/#!PhsniTjA!ndX-DsoCkDRn6xYGRs4lIjULgTEKz2IiPF55_PyHKgE
Most of these items are now included in the standard items for Crazy and PP's mod.

Contains:
Amulets/Necklaces
-Amulet of Life

Armor/Capes
-Pink Stole
-Black Stole
-White Stole
-Fox Stole
-Fur Stole
-Panda Fur Stole

Misc
-Homemade Sybian (Use at own risk!)
-Homemade Sybian DeLuxe
-Fancy Sybian
-Rose-tinted Glasses
-Weekly Social Therapy Session
-Black String Bikini

Rings
-Lesser Prophylactic Ring (Use at own risk!)

Shoes
-FlipFlops
-Heelless Heels
-Low Heeled Pump

Underwear
-Cotton Panties
-Frilled Cotton Panties
-Silk Lingerie

ShoHaFa Items Pack 2
https://mega.co.nz/#!mxdF0KoL!O0NTO0wZ3sIbU23WEXEfbT1AYMT6YAYZjOxCt9kdvY8
Hats:
-White Fedora
-Pillbox Hat
-Cloche Hat
-Sombrero
-Huge Sun Hat
-Top Hat

Helmets:
-Leather Cap
-Pot Helmet
-Iron Helmet
-Steel Helmet
-Gold Helmet
-Adamantium Helmet
-Valkyrie Headdress

Shields:
-Wooden Buckler
-Ironclad Buckler
-Ornamental Heater
-Kite Shield
-Scutum
-Jetpack (uhmmmm, yes! I like doing unconventional things, to throw a spanner into my own OCD :p )

Swimwear:
-Red Swimsuit
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:00:31 PM by ShoHaFa »

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:52:37 AM »
hey man, the forum doesnt tell us when you make an edit, so please reply to your post when you have updated your first post please
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:04:54 AM »
hey man, the forum doesnt tell us when you make an edit, so please reply to your post when you have updated your first post please
I update the post as I go, so just today I already made 8 or 9 updates to it. But, I'll add a reply when I upload or in reaction to ideas and suggestions from other people.
At the current rate of additions, I might get my first upload out tonight already. Only 2 items to go. YAY!

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 10:10:04 AM »
awsome, here within next few days might end up asking ya if you wouldnt mind making some items for Evolved, but i have to build the editors first :)
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »
YAY! The first upload. I hope the download link works properly though.
Ideas, suggestions, etcetera are very welcome, ofcourse. More ideas = more stuff!

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:07:56 AM »
Couple of problems:

First having the Stoles as Armor negates their purpose.
Armor is only used in combat jobs, in any other job, armor and weapons are unequipped, thus their stats are removed.
I changed them all to Misc because they are something that can be used anytime, even in combat, though they don't help.

Try to be consistent in how you do the Desc modifiers.
Wrap them in ( ) so they are set apart from the rest of the Desc.
I usually try to sort them by the numbers, but it is not required. I sort numbers then +/- so (-5, +10, -15, +5, +15, -10) would get sorted (+15, -15, +10, -10, +5, +5).
If there are a lot of stats/skills with the same modifier, they can be joined. (+5 agi, com, cha, -5 int, bea, hea)

Infinite items should probably be rarer especially if their price is low and their benefit is high.
Usually when I make an item infinite, I make one version of it that is infinite and one version that is not with the infinite version higher price and/or rarer.

Your "Lesser Prophylactic Ring" is a good idea but some versions of it give way too many traits for such a low price.

Other than that, I like what you made.
They will be in with the next version but with a few changes.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 02:32:29 PM »
Ah, darn shame those items get unequiped, I figured it'd be useful, since there's only 1 single slot per character. I'm not fond of making misc items, simply because it's becoming a bit of a "stat collection bin". For example, I can currently put fancy stocking, elegant stockings and regular stocking on the same girl at once. It's not like she gets options to change from one type to another, but she'd be wearing all three at the same time. I'd actually rather also move the White String Bikini out of misc and into "Underwear" (it'd still be a very good piece of clothing!), but there's something in the code looking for that specific item, and I'm not sure the code would still catch it if the bikinis were moved out of misc.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 06:30:53 PM »
Ah, darn shame those items get unequiped, I figured it'd be useful, since there's only 1 single slot per character. I'm not fond of making misc items, simply because it's becoming a bit of a "stat collection bin". For example, I can currently put fancy stocking, elegant stockings and regular stocking on the same girl at once. It's not like she gets options to change from one type to another, but she'd be wearing all three at the same time. I'd actually rather also move the White String Bikini out of misc and into "Underwear" (it'd still be a very good piece of clothing!), but there's something in the code looking for that specific item, and I'm not sure the code would still catch it if the bikinis were moved out of misc.
The item use in the code you are talking about checks the item based on the name not the type.
I already added your Black String Bikini in with the White String Bikini so they will not conflict and she can wear either the black or the white.
Other types of swimwear can be added to the same check so she only uses one per shift.
In the future, a swimwear category could be added, but that will wait until more uses for it are added.

Edit:
I have added most of your items to the items folder for the next version mostly without too many changes.
The only 2 I left out were:
"Homemade Sybian.itemsx"
Having 2 versions of the same item, one as Misc and the other as Consumable makes distinguishing them too easy.
If a player got one of these they would just have to sort their inventory by type to throw away the bad one.

"Lesser Prophylactic Ring.itemsx"
There are too many variations that have too many traits for such a low price.
If it were a consumable item, this might not be a problem because there would be more risk in using an unknown item.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:13:05 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline crazy

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 11:12:57 PM »
I can currently put fancy stocking, elegant stockings and regular stocking on the same girl at once.
I started a post to talk about new item types here http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3484.0  It didn't get many replays so I didn't add the 2 types I talked about yet.  Im open to many new item types if people want them and we have a good use for them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:43:44 PM by crazy »

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 03:54:03 AM »
I started a post to talk about new item types here http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3484.0  It didn't get many replays so I didn't add the 2 types I talked about yet.  Im open to many new item types if people want them and we have a good use for them.
Ah, I missed that post before, but I'd love to see some more slots to reduce the misc-clutter and increase balance and maybe introduce new game mechanics!

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 12:56:59 AM »
Still working on some new items. Meanwhile, here's a girls zipfile with generic Asari imagery for Random girls. I'm a big Mass Effect fan, and wouldn't mind running a brothel full of these spacebabes. I'd be my own biggest client then I guess  ::)

https://mega.co.nz/#!7wEQzJYa!W7d-6HdzzMlLNZIHktaeKvnb54WhQeiar7I7I9DsjtU

There are some images of Liara, Aria, Samara, etc. in there, but not many. I tried to keep it really generic overall. Oh, and no futa's either. I personally can't stand those, and (sadly) half the Asari fan-art seems futa-based, so I really had to dig around for the nicer stuff.  :-X

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 10:44:23 AM »
Added in top post what I have so far, (I'll paste below again).
And now I'm off to wikipedia to learn everything I didn't want to know about different styles of hats.

Helmets:
Leather Cap
Pot Helmet
Iron Helmet
Steel Helmet
Gold Helmet
Adamantium Helmet
Valkyrie Headdress

Shields:
Wooden Buckler
Ironclad Buckler
Ornamental Heater
Kite Shield
Scutum
Jetpack

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 12:01:30 PM »
Aaaand uploaded!

ShoHaFa Items Pack 2
https://mega.co.nz/#!mxdF0KoL!O0NTO0wZ3sIbU23WEXEfbT1AYMT6YAYZjOxCt9kdvY8
Hats:
-White Fedora
-Pillbox Hat
-Cloche Hat
-Sombrero
-Huge Sun Hat
-Top Hat

Helmets:
-Leather Cap
-Pot Helmet
-Iron Helmet
-Steel Helmet
-Gold Helmet
-Adamantium Helmet
-Valkyrie Headdress

Shields:
-Wooden Buckler
-Ironclad Buckler
-Ornamental Heater
-Kite Shield
-Scutum
-Jetpack (uhmmmm, yes! I like doing unconventional things, to throw a spanner into my own OCD :p )

Swimwear:
-Red Swimsuit (yes, we need more swimwear)

Offline Gmind

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 09:50:06 AM »
Not too sure if this is the best/right place to put this, but a section within the weekly summary for acquired items/girls would be pretty nice to have.

Also, how are shield-type items handled within the game? Is that type of item in for shits-and-gigs/to appease us players or does it have a chance to block attacks during combat (I'd imagine that shield-type items would block attacks but just want to be certain)