Feet item type
1 (5.9%)
Both item types
11 (64.7%)
none
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: September 22, 2014, 07:28:55 PM

Author Topic: New item types  (Read 6067 times)

Offline crazy

New item types
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:27:38 PM »
Well Ive been thinking of adding two new item types but Im on the fence of if i should or not so figure I can put it to a vote.

1- Head item- Would be for like glasses, hats and such
2- feet/leg item- Would be for socks pantyhose and stocking type items.

There is a lot of them already in game but under misc and such for type.  So what does everyone else think?  Do we need them or not.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
Re: New item types
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »
Well Ive been thinking of adding two new item types but Im on the fence of if i should or not so figure I can put it to a vote.

1- Head item- Would be for like glasses, hats and such
2- feet/leg item- Would be for socks pantyhose and stocking type items.

There is a lot of them already in game but under misc and such for type.  So what does everyone else think?  Do we need them or not.

Since somebody wrote lipstick traits that aevo added maybe a "Lips" slot for lipstick specifically?
Although in my opinion the makeup slot should cover that already, but who am I to say what gets implemented into the game and what doesn't. Out of the two option, I'd rather have another item slot than separate traits for items.
Same thing with the nail polish trait.

Wouldn't a single head slot effectively prevent the girls from wearing both glasses and hats?
Hats are serious business man.
Also, wouldn't the feet/leg slot be covered by the girl's clothing/armor/underwear? If she's wearing a "Lingerie" item, for example, I assume stockings/garterbelt and all that are already included.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:56:51 PM by 0nymous »

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:16:41 PM »
On the one hand, I can see it as a good thing - you set the Head and/or Feet category to only allow one item Equipped at a time, which you can't do with the Miscellaneous category without creating issues with the other Misc Items, like Guard Dogs or Books - because it makes it harder to overpower a given girl simply through items.  On the other hand, I wonder whether it's not overcomplicating things for the sake of putting everything into neat little slots.  I'm probably not going to vote on the poll, but if I were forced to ask, I'd say if you're going to separate them from the Miscellaneous Items, you might as well do both of them.

Since somebody wrote lipstick traits that aevo added maybe a "Lips" slot for lipstick specifically?
Although in my opinion the makeup slot should cover that already, but who am I to say what gets implemented into the game and what doesn't. Out of the two option, I'd rather have another item slot than separate traits for items.
Same thing with the nail polish trait.
Nail Polish/Makeup can be handled with Temporary effects from Consumables, and since that's what the various makeups are, I don't think it's worth creating a new slot unless you're also going to create item slots for Food, Spells, Potions, etc.

Wouldn't a single head slot effectively prevent the girls from wearing both glasses and hats?
Hats are serious business man.
Also, wouldn't the feet/leg slot be covered by the girl's clothing/armor/underwear? If she's wearing a "Lingerie" item, for example, I assume stockings/garterbelt and all that are already included.
Hats are indeed serious business - how many Touhou characters wear glasses, and how many wear hats?  Obviously, if the choice is between hats and glasses, Hats are the superior choice.  :P

Joking aside, though, it's part of the issue I raised above - no, it doesn't make much sense that a girl can only wear a stat-boosting Hat *or* a set of Glasses (and I assume for the sake of realism that just because a girl isn't wearing a Clothing item, it doesn't mean she isn't wearing any clothes unless specifically stated to not be, and likewise apply that to Hats/Glasses and so on), but it helps keep the player from just buying a whole bunch of items to overpower a girl by sticking three sets of glasses and two hats on her head, along with two kinds of stockings.

As far as the Stockings vs Underwear issue, I disagree.  There are several kinds of underwear present in the files, from the full-on Garter+Stockings+Everything full deal to simple things like babydoll-style garments or just plain panties.  Making the game check to see whether the type of underwear conflicts with any Stockings/Socks/Etc would be too frustrating.  And given that 'Shoes' and 'Armor' are separate fields to the point that 'Armor' specifically does *not* include footwear (since Plate Boots are a thing), I can understand making 'Stockings' and 'Underwear' separate without issue.  Clothing seems to specifically refer to the actual clothes being worn, not ... well, I hate to call socks 'Accessories,' but they are, especially if you're dealing with someone in sandals or barefoot.

Offline crazy

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »
Meant to replay to this a day or so ago.
Joking aside, though, it's part of the issue I raised above - no, it doesn't make much sense that a girl can only wear a stat-boosting Hat *or* a set of Glasses (and I assume for the sake of realism that just because a girl isn't wearing a Clothing item, it doesn't mean she isn't wearing any clothes unless specifically stated to not be, and likewise apply that to Hats/Glasses and so on), but it helps keep the player from just buying a whole bunch of items to overpower a girl by sticking three sets of glasses and two hats on her head, along with two kinds of stockings.
I could easily add both a head and glasses item type.  But it comes down to most girls don't need glasses and they would still end up buying them.  Unless I could figure out how to stop that Im not sure I would split them.  That said then u have the problem of getting to much from the items.  Unless we set rules like glass could only give traits or stat boosts less then 5... Or so u run the risk of getting to many gains from items.

On that note I'm looking for someone who wants to work on items.  They need a good balancing and I have some rules I would like to have placed on items.  I would also like all the surgery items to be removed as they are to easy to get and make the clinic not needed.  So if anyone wants to take a shoot at this PM me.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 05:21:55 AM »
That said then u have the problem of getting to much from the items.

You could do what plenty of games do and have only one slot for armwear and rename the items to come in pairs like footwear. I always found it weird that you buy gloves in singles, not in pairs. That would make room for the head slot.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:00:16 AM by Hanzo »

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 04:09:49 AM »
I have an off question about items....can a girl use only one make-up item, or any amout she can smear on....per round of course...and if any amout....why? Shouldn't it be limited to the first one applied....or at least the largest per round?

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 03:48:12 AM »
Well, I'd definitely like to see a stockings slot, and a headslot makes sense too.
I started making some stoles, so something for stoles/scarves/capes perhaps, though capes and cloaks already go into the armor slot.

I noticed the Chronobed in my girls' inventory only applies its -tired bonus when it gets equiped, and not on a daily basis (removing it and then re-equiping it does set her tired back to zero, but I think that's an inconvenient micromanagment hassle).
So maybe a single "large furniture" slot that is specifically capable of re-applying a stat bonus on a daily basis? Limit the "daily" effect to only tiredness and health, other effects would only be applied on equiping, since tiredness and health have plenty means to go down during work. Stuff to put in there: the beds, the art easel, maybe some new stuff people come up with, like hometrainers, bathtubs, musicboxes, etcetera. The thing is: a girl could only have one at a time. So the art easel would be low-end relaxation, the chrono-bed high-end (and it does seem rare enough).

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 04:15:43 AM »
I noticed the Chronobed in my girls' inventory only applies its -tired bonus when it gets equiped, and not on a daily basis (removing it and then re-equiping it does set her tired back to zero, but I think that's an inconvenient micromanagment hassle).
The "Chrono Bed" was being used but it was only adding 50 to health.
I added a -50 tiredness to it.
Same thing with "Rejuvenation Bed" was only +5 health, added -5 tired.
If the girl has both, only the "Chrono Bed" will be used.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 07:04:39 AM »
So something for stoles/scarves/capes perhaps, though capes and cloaks already go into the armor slot.

True put when you think about it, capes going in the armour slot doesn't make much sense as it's basically saying you cant wear armour and a cape
which is pretty silly really as there are many characters who wear both.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.