devolution

Author Topic: creating girls walkthrough  (Read 69990 times)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: creating girls walkthrough
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 04:00:51 PM »
It should treat them as different images.

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
so to add pictures for a new girl you just make a file called "girls name" and fill it full of pictures using the aformentioned filenames (profile1 bdsm1 ect?)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »
so to add pictures for a new girl you just make a file called "girls name" and fill it full of pictures using the aformentioned filenames (profile1 bdsm1 ect?)
Well, you need to make a directory with the name of your girl, and then fill it with pictures. And then create a .girlsx, or add an entry into an existing one. Solo's editor will handle the XML bits for you

Offline clingybouncer

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »
Can you add gif animations instead of pictures

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
gif animations can be tricky from a legal standpoint as the gif format is copyrighted and the owning interests are known to sue people they don't like.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 12:37:38 PM »
gif animations can be tricky from a legal standpoint as the gif format is copyrighted and the owning interests are known to sue people they don't like.

The trouble with GIFs (unless I misremember horribly) was that there was a patent on the compression algorithm used. Unisys waited until GIFs were in use everywhere before trying to collect, and caused a lot of aggravation for very little return.

The patent has expired, at least in the US. I like in the UK where we don't have software patents in the first place, so it's not an issue there. But a lot of free software projects are still keeping clear of the format in case there are countries where the patent is still valid.

Offline SilverLucarioII

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 06:52:45 PM »
When I try to change anything on any girl and I click save it says "Filter string you provided is not valid.  The filter string must contain a description of the filter, followed by the vertical bar (l) and the filter pattern. The strings for different filtering options must also be separated by the vertical bar." Can someone please explain what this means?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »
It means you've got a rather old version of WMEdit which had that bug. The latest version of WMEdit (0.71 at the time of this post) is bundled into the latest game update in "\Docs&Tools\Character & Item Editor\".

Offline SilverLucarioII

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »
Okay thanks! I'll download it and try it again.

Offline Pokerplayer

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 12:11:41 AM »
Ok i am hopeing u can help me? I am trying to make my own girls but my pics never show up i have theme all labled as Anal 1 Anal 2 Profile 1 Profile 2 and so on can anyone give me a clue what i am doing wrong?

nevermind i finally got it ;D

great game cant wait for a new release
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:26:21 AM by Pokerplayer »

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »
Well, you need to make a directory with the name of your girl, and then fill it with pictures. And then create a .girlsx, or add an entry into an existing one. Solo's editor will handle the XML bits for you
Where do I put .girlsx files?  Does individual girls' .girlsx files need to be put into one large file or can those be seperate individually?

I made three girls - Smurfette, She-Ra, and Cheetara - should they all be in the same .girlsx file or can I have seperate .girlsx for each girl?

EDIT:  Never mind I think I got it now.

I do have a question.  I noticed in some files, some people named their files with ( ) such as Anal (2); Group (5).  Will the game be able to read those and use those images?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:05:17 PM by Barinthus »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »
ya, all the game cares about is the anal/bdsm/etc the numbers don't matter. though they once did, but that was fixed before I got into the game

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 05:13:02 PM »
Oh ok thanks.

What's the proper formatting? 

Anal1, Anal2, Anal3
Anal (1), Anal (2), Anal (3)

Or does it even matter? As long the word "Anal" is there?

One other question - is there a limit on pictures per category?  I got overboard with Cheetara and have like 40 profile pictures  :D

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »
the only time formatting matters is when you have a pregnant (other category) file then it's preg(other category) rather then pregnant(other category) or preg (other category) I don't think preg_category works. but I think one of my girls was done like that.
other wise you can have 'anal christmas', or what ever you want, as long as 'anal' is first, it doesn't matter what is after it.
there is no limit on the number of pictures, just make sure they are all jpg or have .jpg at the end of the title. else they won't get picked up by the game

Offline Barinthus

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 01:33:05 AM »
Gotcha - thanks for the clarification.
I suppose I should change jpegs to jpgs then.