devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1024874 times)

Offline Aika

Re: Combining the big mods
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2012, 09:36:52 PM »
Due to something I did in the files I uploaded on the first page to help you squash some crash errors, if you implemented the mod to make your random girls pick a profile picture and stick with it, your mod is going to have the same bug mine did, with some girls working and others not. After I fixed the bug in my mod, I realized this will be affecting your mod as well.

The problem is that the mod was told explicitly to look for images in the ninth picture category loaded, which at the time was the Profile pictures. When I rearranged the picture categories when I fixed your crash bug, I changed the Profile picture category from the ninth to the first category loaded, which changed the index value it received from 8 to 0. The way it's set up now, the mod will not work if there aren't any pictures in category 9 (currently Combat, unless you made further changes), will only pick out of the first X profile pictures (where X is the number of pictures in category 9, and if there are more pictures in category 9 than there are profile pictures, will probably crash the game. Or just fail to show that girl's picture, one or the other.

The bugfix is easy. Search in cGirls.cpp for any instances of "m_Images[8]" and replace them with "m_Images[IMGTYPE_PROFILE]" (there should be 4. Replace them all). This will fix the bug and make it possible to rearrange picture categories again without breaking the mod. Sorry for the bug I introduced, but arranging the picture categories the way I did was necessary, first to squash the bugs, secondly to simplify things and make future changes easier.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:52:50 PM by Aika »

Offline crazy

« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
@Aika- I had noticed that cause the girls gallery screen was messed up so I did some tinker and got it working after I seen how you had fixed the problem.  I think I did get the random girl mod in that makes them pick a profile pic and stick with it but I never tested it.

Okay I need an arena button for my town map.  As I don't have photoshop its kinda hard if anyone can make me a few buttons let me know.  Otherwise I'll have to look into finding some other way to do this.

Offline Aika

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2012, 11:17:07 PM »
You were using explicit category indexes in your gallery screen? It's best if you just used the IMGTYPE_XXX constants and make sure those match up to the order the images are loaded (line ~11700 in cgirls.cpp), so if you change the constants or the order images are loaded you don't have to go back in and make sure all the category indexes match.

And I'm not sure if I'm the pot calling the kettle black here, need to check my code again.... Yep, I did the same thing. I need to change all the "Mode=#" to "Mode=IMGTYPE_(category)"

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2012, 02:20:04 AM »
@Aika- I had noticed that cause the girls gallery screen was messed up so I did some tinker and got it working after I seen how you had fixed the problem.  I think I did get the random girl mod in that makes them pick a profile pic and stick with it but I never tested it.

Okay I need an arena button for my town map.  As I don't have photoshop its kinda hard if anyone can make me a few buttons let me know.  Otherwise I'll have to look into finding some other way to do this.

By button, you mean a transparent png pic like bank/moviestudio or a WM style button with text?
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2012, 02:28:24 AM »
By button, you mean a transparent png pic like bank/moviestudio or a WM style button with text?
Transparent png pic

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2012, 03:16:52 AM »
Transparent png pic

Pick one. I'll try to photoshop the highlight effect for mouse hovering.

The second from the top has a red version that can be used for highlighting.

A whole bunch of icons here: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/World_Map
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:37:52 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2012, 03:55:24 AM »
2nd one or bottom one either one works for me.  Thanks

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2012, 04:06:35 AM »

I like the one that is second from the bottom :)

I'll make a highlighted version. If you are making a brothel like screen for Arena, consider using this pic as a background for building:
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2012, 04:31:44 AM »
 I used the same disgusting yellowish highlighting as is used in the rest of WM...  :-[

'Custom' sized pics are the exact same size as rest of icons on the WM map.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2012, 04:37:59 AM »
!@#$%^

Sorry, didn't notice that highlighting was cut of on left/right sides. Only noticed that on dark forum's background.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2012, 04:56:57 AM »

And I also misread 'second one from top or bottom works for me' :(

Bottom one: images themselves this time are the same size, only canvas is different so they should look ok in the game.

Edit: Tried to throw this into the game, doesn't work as I had hoped (I think game is forcing imagesize). The key is to create a larger canvas and a smaller image... More tweaking I guess (I did like the small shrink effect it does now...)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:08:40 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2012, 05:21:41 AM »
Ok.. This one finally works like the rest of WM buttons  ???

Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2012, 05:27:38 AM »
Ty just tested it works great thanks so much

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2012, 05:29:25 AM »
Ty just tested it works great thanks so much

NP, tell me if you need anything else.
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2012, 06:09:46 AM »
NP, tell me if you need anything else.
If your offering the current movie button doesn't light up.  If you want to fix that that would be cool lol.