Author Topic: Complete Game Download  (Read 90313 times)

Offline Maggot Propelled Corpse

Re: Complete Game Download
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2014, 01:49:27 PM »
The way you were told to do it IS the way to use that link. If the software you're using is outdated and doesn't know how to handle a magnet link then replace the software. As far as I know there is no direct download link, anywhere, that's the whole point of a torrent in the first place.

I see why hewhocumsbynight was a bit irritated earlier in the thread. When I posted how to continue from a saved game and the very next post asked how to continue from a saved game I pretty much decided that would be my last post here, at least for a while. It's one thing to help people who are in over their heads and simply don't know how to deal with things, it's another to deal with questions already answered on the same page or with complaints that the person creating the thread isn't responsible for and can't fix. Damn people, he put together a package so we wouldn't have to find all the parts ourselves, a time saver of sorts. That doesn't make him responsible for or the creator of all the parts of it.

Crashes, they happen. Deal with it. I played Oblivion for quite a while, if you never did look it up. Bethesda software, major corp, and they put out a VERY successful product that had a reputation for crashing at the drop of a hat. And that's with a major, successful, professional software package.

This is a work of hobbyists, just people who had an idea and decided to share it with others. And some here seem to expect perfection. They aren't paid a dime for it, they get more complaints than thanks for it, and in the end they are doing a pretty damned good job with it. If it isn't perfect, DEAL WITH IT, or learn to help out your own damned self and fix what you don't like, offer your own version. That way you'll get to enjoy the complaints of those who don't like your version either.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2014, 07:08:34 AM »
...you just told me to do what I just said I CAN'T do.  I copied the link and tried to add it...didn't work.  How about just posting the actual link instead of a magnet link?
Didnt work? Your computer exploded? Imploded forming singularity? Those two options are just most common when things don't work. What exactly happened?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:11:14 AM by Uriel »

Offline toradrow777

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »
Didnt work? Your computer exploded? Imploded forming singularity? Those two options are just most common when things don't work. What exactly happened?

Didn't work as in it's unable to find it.  This is the same for both Bittorrent and uTorrent.

Nevermind, turns out you had to copy and paste the word "magnet" too.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:35:51 AM by toradrow777 »

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
As of 8/19/2014, here's my most recent version, using AveoJoey/Crazy's product, version T.01:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0824FC96131A0B60E2F5C00CE9605CD202DEFCA2&dn=WM.05t.01&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »
Okay, here's a new torrent for t3, one that actually works this time!  Yay!

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:DB9841DFCC4DF9242094E2293047CA07D032D7AF&dn=WhoreMaster.05t.03&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Brozita

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2014, 09:50:54 PM »
Hey everyone!

I've started downloading the torrent, and I plan to upload it more or less night and day with 5 MB/s as max speed. I might put it down a bit if I need my upload, but otherwise I'll leave it on ^^

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:DB9841DFCC4DF9242094E2293047CA07D032D7AF&dn=WhoreMaster.05t.03&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
Hey everyone!

I've started downloading the torrent, and I plan to upload it more or less night and day with 5 MB/s as max speed. I might put it down a bit if I need my upload, but otherwise I'll leave it on ^^

Excellent!  Please tell me if it works, or where/when it stops working.

Offline Brozita

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2014, 06:54:27 AM »
I went to bed shortly after I wrote my message but here is how it looked when I woke up.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
Huh... That might not be good.

Offline Brozita

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »
It's a bit late now, but maybe for another time it would be better to split it up into different torrents. So you'd have one for the main game, and x for the girl packs.

But maybe we could do this with the .06 girls? I'd gladly keep on seeding the girl packs as well, but I'm not much for the conversion work.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2014, 12:39:46 PM »
Because .05t.03 is the last version of the .05 series, that is a good place to end the current set of torrents.

If you do start another torrent, I have a couple of requests:
1. When you start a new torrent - erase or strike out the old ones from the forum or edit the post with a note saying there is a newer version available.

2. Either Zip up each character into their own zip file, or do not zip up any.
 - Having zips mixed in with the folders can create a little confusion, especially if the zips unzip themselves into subfolders.
 - If every girl folder is available as a ready to play folder, and the downloader has "append .part to incomplete file names" on in their torrent program:
 -  - then they can first unselect the Characters folder and download the game files
 -  - when the game files are done, reselect the Characters folder and download the girls files.
 -  - This would allow them to play the game from the download folder while all the girls are downloading.
 -  - the .part will prevent the game from loading incomplete files.
 -  - The game refreshes the (r)girlsx and images when loading the game so to add more of what has been downloaded, the player would just have to quit and restart the game.
 - Having the girls folders separate makes it easy for the downloader to choose a specific girl to download even if they don't play the game.

3. If you are going to make new torrents often, don't include the game files, only the Characters folder.
 - copy the readme.html from the game folder into the root of the torrent folder so the downloaded will have the link to this website.
 - (I need to update the readme.html again, it is rather old.)

As of 8/19/2014, here's my most recent version, using AveoJoey/Crazy's product, version T.01:
(4. Spell my name right.  :P )
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2014, 06:47:06 PM »
Because .05t.03 is the last version of the .05 series, that is a good place to end the current set of torrents.

If you do start another torrent, I have a couple of requests:
1. When you start a new torrent - erase or strike out the old ones from the forum or edit the post with a note saying there is a newer version available.

2. Either Zip up each character into their own zip file, or do not zip up any.
 - Having zips mixed in with the folders can create a little confusion, especially if the zips unzip themselves into subfolders.
 - If every girl folder is available as a ready to play folder, and the downloader has "append .part to incomplete file names" on in their torrent program:
 -  - then they can first unselect the Characters folder and download the game files
 -  - when the game files are done, reselect the Characters folder and download the girls files.
 -  - This would allow them to play the game from the download folder while all the girls are downloading.
 -  - the .part will prevent the game from loading incomplete files.
 -  - The game refreshes the (r)girlsx and images when loading the game so to add more of what has been downloaded, the player would just have to quit and restart the game.
 - Having the girls folders separate makes it easy for the downloader to choose a specific girl to download even if they don't play the game.

3. If you are going to make new torrents often, don't include the game files, only the Characters folder.
 - copy the readme.html from the game folder into the root of the torrent folder so the downloaded will have the link to this website.
 - (I need to update the readme.html again, it is rather old.)

(4. Spell my name right.  :P )

Sorry!  So sorry about that!  All of those sound like good suggestions, and I'll implement them whenever I feel motivated to make a new torrent!

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2014, 08:10:40 PM »
Argh, stuck at 99.8%

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
Argh, stuck at 99.8%

Yeah, my torrent just started to refuse to seed.  I don't get torrents, I just don't get them.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2014, 08:53:42 PM »
Yeah, my torrent just started to refuse to seed.  I don't get torrents, I just don't get them.
In the settings of the torrent or the default settings there is a "Seeding Ratio" if that is turned on, your computer will stop seeding when you upload more than the (torrent size * ratio) after you finish downloading it.