Author Topic: Script requests  (Read 6288 times)

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
Script requests
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »
I'm not sure if the "working on Whoremaster editor" means the script editor is being worked on as well. If so, I have a few suggestions for new abilities to add into the scripting capabilities.
  • The current script editor will not allow negative numbers in AddRandomValuetoGold.  It must have at some point in time, because I can see negative values in some of the scripts. But I can't currently make the PC buy anything.
  • It would be lovely if the scripts could check some of the PC stats, particularly disposition. Evil characters should have more difficulty recruiting good girls, for example.  IfPCPassStatCheck("Disposition") - similar to the IfPassStatCheck for the girls.
  • I would like the option to display a message about a girl added to the dungeon. I hate adding another flag to that function, but perhaps a "DisplayMessageFlag" parameter added to AddRandomGirlToDungeon?
  • It should be possible to put the target girl in the Dungeon. For that matter, I think you should be able to put her in any specified location. If she doesn't fit, put her in the dungeon as a new girl.
    AddTargetGirlToDungeon (with the same parameters as AddRandomGirlToDungeon)
    Add Target Girl ("Location") - any valid location other than the Dungeon, since there's a separate function for that. Brothels can be named "Brothel 1", etc.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:54:51 AM by CaptC »

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
Re: Script requests
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:56:16 AM »
Forogt an important one:

Add a button that will reformat the script with current indentation.  IE the same as writing the script out to disk, then re-reading it in again. Only faster.

Offline Morkar

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »
Dungeon Scripts sould be good 

the options of ask sex  o force  sex  are boring

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
I'm not even sure who exactly was responsible for the script editor and if they're around anymore. I know for a fact the player morality system was implemented by aevo and the editor itself goes way back than his work.
I think one of the original devs was trying to convert scripts to .lua support, which is why the Intro script is in that format. That was, well... four years ago. Whatever happened after that is a mystery.

That being said, I think aevo mentioned he's gonna work on scripts and script writing flexibility once a lot of other things are done first. 
Believe in aevo.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 12:59:42 AM »
First off, there is no known source code for the old script editor so nothing will be done with that unless it is found.

I started looking into how the game loads scripts and found that the game also contains the code to save scripts.
I was able to make the game save an existing script to a new file, and then use that file in place of the original.
I will be digging into the script code this weekend to see how hard it would be to convert the scripts to xml.

If I can, I may try to remake the script editor from scratch, but probably not.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
Software archaeology is fun.

I didn't realize the code was lost, rewriting a poor system would be a waste of effort. Do it new and correctly, but please consider adding the capabilities suggested above when you do so.

I'll soldier on in the meantime - about halfway through a new Arena meet script.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:53:53 AM by CaptC »

Offline Romanul

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 05:39:50 AM »

I will be digging into the script code this weekend to see how hard it would be to convert the scripts to xml.

Any luck with that?

And while we are on the subject, is there any way to edit the scripts at the moment? I want to add some interactions (nothing fancy) but i can't seem to open them properly.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 09:53:42 AM »
Any luck with that?
 And while we are on the subject, is there any way to edit the scripts at the moment? I want to add some interactions (nothing fancy) but i can't seem to open them properly.
The existing script editor still works but it is kind of hard to master.

At the time I did that post, I didn't really know how the script editor worked.
I have since figured out how to add new options to it and a little about how it works.
Several things have been added to its capabilities and it is fairly easy to add new ones.

Moved the progress to its own thread - Script conversion to XML Progress
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:07:25 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug