Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1024949 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1260 on: February 26, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »
Anyway I remember several years ago one version that listed the number of boys and girls birthed by your girls. Would it be possible to add this to yours?
A little update for you:
Code: [Select]
<Children Total_Births="0" Beasts="0" All_Girls="0" All_Boys="0" Customer_Girls="0" Customer_Boys="0"
    Your_Girls="0" Your_Boys="0" Miscarriages="0" Abortions="0" />
What other things should I add to this list?

Loading and saving works but not everything adds to them yet. everything should now add to things here.
There is also no output for them yet.
I am moving the existing "Has Daughter"/"Has Son" lines from the first detail list to the second so I can add the new stuff to it.
The "Is pregnant" line will still be on the first list but it will be copied to the top of the new part as well.

Total_Births and the Girls/Boys/Beast counts only count live births.
Miscarriages and Abortions count failed pregnancies of both human and beast and are not included in any of the other counts.
Miscarriages and Abortions are added to where appropriate in the code. (there may be a few places I missed)
Items that end pregnancies add to Abortions.

Now that I am finished with that for now, I am seeing if I can add Multiple births.
The "MultiBirthChance" was added into config.xml a few releases ago and now I have actually used it.
I added a maximum of 50% for "MultiBirthChance" in the code so it can't be extremely over abused.
When a child is created in the pregnancy code, a multiple birth check is made and if it succeeds, the m_MultiBirth is increased.
The multichance is then divided by m_MultiBirth number and checked again.
This continues until it fails or m_MultiBirth reaches 5.
So (if my math is right) the maximum chance for 2 is 50%, then 3 is 25% of that (12.5%), then 4 is 8.33% (1.04%), finally 5 is 2.083% (0.02%)
m_MultiBirth gets saved and loaded now so even if I don't finish it for this next version, when it does get added, if a girl is pregnant, she may give birth to multiples. (for now it does nothing)
Pregnancies started in versions before .06.01.07 will always be single births unless you edit the save game after saving from the new version. (or manually add the tag)
<Child Age="0" IsPlayers="1" Sex="1" Unborn="1" MultiBirth="1">

I am going to bed now and I hope to be able to finish it for release this weekend.

On a side note:
I added girl's strength to GetCombatDamage() so base damage is min(1,strength/10) instead of flat 5
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:35:22 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline DarkArk

« Reply #1261 on: February 27, 2015, 05:39:11 AM »
What other things should I add to this list?

Do girls have a pregnancy chance from rape? How does that factor in to this if they do? If so I'd say create an other category which encompasses customers as well.

That's the only thing I can think of at the moment, otherwise I think you've covered every possible outcome for pregnancy. I love it.

Also just an idle thought, but having something down the road for character male children would be interesting. Once more game systems are in place for them to do something.

I added a maximum of 50% for "MultiBirthChance" in the code so it can't be extremely over abused.

That seems very high. Is this only for girls with the broodmother trait? In the real world twins have a 3% chance. Great that it's in though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:43:07 AM by DarkArk »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1262 on: February 27, 2015, 10:24:40 AM »
Do girls have a pregnancy chance from rape? How does that factor in to this if they do? If so I'd say create an other category which encompasses customers as well.
That's the only thing I can think of at the moment, otherwise I think you've covered every possible outcome for pregnancy. I love it.
Rape pregnancy chance is (5+(number of attackers *5)) but anti-preg potions can be used afterwards to prevent pregnancy.
Because this section covers the pregnancy itself and not how she got pregnant, I don't think adding a rape count here would be appropriate.
Because rape does not always end with pregnancy and not all pregnancies start with rape, it would have to be separate or it would get extremely complicated.
Making a separate rape count could be done but that would be extremely depressing to do. :(

That seems very high. Is this only for girls with the broodmother trait? In the real world twins have a 3% chance. Great that it's in though.
This isn't the real world and I wanted to make it more customizeable but not excessively so.
That is why I set a maximum of 50% but the default is 2%.
When I tested the code with 2% it took 17 pregnancies to get 1 set of twins, with 50% it took 3.

Broodmother will give a better chance of multiples before sending it to the create a child check.
When the check is made, normally it starts with 1 child and checks the multiple%,
With BroodMother, the check can start with 2 or 3 so the third or fourth child has the base cfg.pregnancy.multi_birth_chance() inside the create child code instead of the second.
BroodMother rolls cfg.pregnancy.multi_birth_chance() twice without modifiers before the child is created to add additional children.
Its a little more complicated but it should work.

Now on to the child grows up part, this will be the hard part.

Well I got the basics of it in but I need to test it to make sure it works.

I did find one problem, when multiple babies are born, they are not individually given genders until they grow up.
This problem affects the child type counts only but it should be easy to fix.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:04:28 PM by aevojoey »

Offline bashkan

« Reply #1263 on: February 27, 2015, 02:53:24 PM »
player action only, not from potion. i apologize if i wasnt clear enough. i meant changing the goodwill/badwill gained/lost from actions like enslaving/releasing girls and from centre/arena stuff

When editing what? The game code, scripts or items?

In the game code there several ways of doing it:
To adjust it by value
m_Player->evil(value);
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->disposition(value);
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->suspicion(value);
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->customerfear(value)
To set it to value
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->m_Disposition = value;
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->m_Suspicion = value;
g_Brothels.GetPlayer()->m_CustomerFear = value;

In scripts you use variable 15 which is SetPlayerSuspicion.

For items, badness is used to tell how bad an item is for a girl, the higher the worse it is.

Offline DarkArk

« Reply #1264 on: February 27, 2015, 06:52:27 PM »
Making a separate rape count could be done but that would be extremely depressing to do. :(

Agreed. Provided such pregnancies are still listed under the total I think it would be fine.

That is why I set a maximum of 50% but the default is 2%.

Ah okay. Missed that.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1265 on: March 03, 2015, 10:51:38 AM »
Diseases bug the crap out of me so I added a check so the girl will do a quick medical check on her customers before having sex with them.
Its not perfect but it should weed out 80% of diseases at the cost of one or two customers served.
Uses 50% of medicine, 20% of intelligence, 20% of magic, -50% of libido and many traits (Doctor +50 > Mind Fucked -200).

I also changed PossiblyGainNewTrait and PossiblyLoseExistingTrait to display their turn summaries as goodnews instead of warnings.
If anyone has a problem with this, I can add a check to config.xml to allow you to choose what is displays as.

I have started updating gangs going into catacombs to use the new config.xml controls.
I also cleaned up some of the other gang mission texts and made full gangs change to training instead of recruiting before their mission starts.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:57:35 AM by aevojoey »

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #1266 on: March 03, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
aevojoey,

great work on the pregnancy updates.  One last and hopefully smallish request along those lines.  Right now pregnancy is a flat 20 or 40 weeks unless modified in config.  Can we make the pregnancy length a variable as it is in real life?  So that each pregnancy will be between X and y weeks determined at the onset (I know this part is not realistic but it keeps the code simple)

The same could be done for girls mature in x weeks.  Part of the magic seems to regular, it should have some variability IMHO.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1267 on: March 03, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »
great work on the pregnancy updates.  One last and hopefully smallish request along those lines.  Right now pregnancy is a flat 20 or 40 weeks unless modified in config.  Can we make the pregnancy length a variable as it is in real life?  So that each pregnancy will be between X and y weeks determined at the onset (I know this part is not realistic but it keeps the code simple)
I talked about making premature births and longer pregnancies a while back and will do this eventually.
It would not be set at the time of conception because there are too many factors that could affect it after that.
I would probably do an increasing percent curve as the pregnancy nears term.

The same could be done for girls mature in x weeks.  Part of the magic seems to regular, it should have some variability IMHO.
This can probably be done as well but I'm not sure when.

I also need to move children out of the mother's section of the save game and into their own section because as it is now, if the mother dies, all the children disappear.
I would probably do this at the same time as I do a family tree.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #1268 on: March 04, 2015, 12:08:21 AM »
I talked about making premature births and longer pregnancies a while back and will do this eventually.
It would not be set at the time of conception because there are too many factors that could affect it after that.
I would probably do an increasing percent curve as the pregnancy nears term.
This can probably be done as well but I'm not sure when.

I was trying to keep that request simple but the added functionality is actually welcome.

I also need to move children out of the mother's section of the save game and into their own section because as it is now, if the mother dies, all the children disappear.
I would probably do this at the same time as I do a family tree.

That sounds like an interesting defect.  Would I be correct in assuming that you mean non grown children and that a grown woman (meaning she is in your employ now) and who is a daughter would not disappear in that event.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1269 on: March 04, 2015, 12:46:49 AM »
That sounds like an interesting defect.  Would I be correct in assuming that you mean non grown children and that a grown woman (meaning she is in your employ now) and who is a daughter would not disappear in that event.
Once they grow of age, they are fine.
Before that however, they are stored with their mother and if she dies, they disappear from the game.
That is why I removed the chance of births causing death.
Once the newborns are stored elsewhere, the mortality rate in the game will greatly increase.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:48:27 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Jacko

« Reply #1270 on: March 05, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »
"Use *GIRLNAME* to have the game replace it with the girl's name"

So I would type in DIALOGUE [TEXT] "Hello, *GIRLNAME*."?
The correct syntax is: *GIRLNAME*  With the asterisks?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1271 on: March 05, 2015, 11:09:52 AM »
"Use *GIRLNAME* to have the game replace it with the girl's name"

So I would type in DIALOGUE [TEXT] "Hello, *GIRLNAME*."?
The correct syntax is: *GIRLNAME*  With the asterisks?
Yes

Offline aevojoey

.06.01.10-16
« Reply #1272 on: March 10, 2015, 01:13:25 AM »
The Main thread is here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3446.msg27861#msg27861

You must start a new game when moving to .06
* If you find a bug, please report it on the bug thread - Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
* For discussion of the game, use Crazy's original thread - Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
* For Items discussion or to submit your own Items - ITEMS - Help Wanted - also taking new items
* For Suggestions or Requests for new content (Not Girls) - Possible Add-Ons to the Game?

* Warnings For Version .06.01.00

Version: .06.01.10 - https://mega.co.nz/#!FM0SkZrB!6SczVZagTCx-by3gtGtFZuffehcc87jacqocrQjszJs
WME.8.25 included
* Changes made for .06.01.10 -
Fixed a bug in fights caused by adding strength to damage.
Fixed a bug in brothel management screen where sometimes a girls status lists "is" twice.
Fixed an accounting bug in petty theft causing 0 victim numbers.
Added Catacomb Gang controls to gang screen.

Version: .06.01.11 - https://mega.co.nz/#!oY0FVQQI!XJSySWtzpQ7SGma7cqkFkahsbhGrMcxKp2Z0Rl8qeeU
WME.8.25 included
* Changes made for .06.01.11 -
Girls captured from the catacombs get the "Kidnapped" trait for 2-15 turns
Added updateTempTraits(girl, trait, amount) to modify the time for temporary traits - will not make nontemp traits temp
Added HasTempTrait(girl, trait) to return the amount of time left on a temp trait
Temporary traits show the temp time in () on traits lists
Changed m_TempTrait from unsigned char to int
Torture reduces "Kidnapped" and "Emprisoned Customer" temp times
Fixed a bug in runaway code causing a crash.
Fixed missing strength to old gangs

Version: .06.01.12 - https://mega.co.nz/#!ERES3abR!GEixOEn23MRCU4vs3i2eAb_MNftt342pg9eW2GDmCCk
WME.8.25 included
* Changes made for .06.01.12 -
Fixed an old piece of code that was broken:
 - Pressing "i" to go to inventory screen will select the current girl
 - Added pressing "ctrl + i" will select player and shop as left and right owners

Fixed bug with new strength damage calc
Fixed a bug in updateSTD
Updated number of customers that try to attack a girl in work_related_violence to make it more random but more common lower numbers
Adjusted "Kidnapped" temp time.

Version: .06.01.13 - https://mega.co.nz/#!tdsSGaZS!mMK8ZCn4r33Ho1Y3NxEyLQ7v4axddBx4vQzX43AoILk
WME.8.25 included
* Changes made for .06.01.13 -
Fixed a bug in catacombs_look_for text
Changed message to girl, when a gang defends her from rapist, from normal message to warning

Objective updates:
 - Moved update objectives to the end of the next turn so any changes done that turn will pass the objective
 - Added m_Objective->m_Text to save the objective text when created to allow for easier output
 - Added Objective passed message to Brothel turn summary.
 - If your objective was to get more girls and your reward is more girls, you get 1-5 extra girls after the base and difficulty modifiers.
 - If you had a time limit and your reward is gold, you get more gold for the unneeded time.
 - Added more variation for REWARD_RIVALHINDER

Version: .06.01.14 - https://mega.co.nz/#!9NU0CZyC!RtKVvqrJOObkXMJcxszpy9ShpQH1OqpOnGI0-e8NzEs
WME.8.25 included
* Changes made for .06.01.14 -
Crazy pushed SVN r162 - Updates to job performance for several jobs adding new traits.

Updated catacombs_look_for text again
Fixed a bug in gang catacombs get beast
Added Cum Addict and Smoker to rehab
Fixed several skill-stat check mixups

Version: .06.01.15 - https://mega.co.nz/#!oIMQCKoD!RJB6aE1P0paAxz8QZa7FkSF57LF8gv_7SWBKESKUPxo
WME.8.25 included
* Changes made for .06.01.15 -
Fixed a bug in exp maxing out at 100 when loading save game by adding the limiter check to load stats.

Version: .06.01.16 - https://mega.co.nz/#!NA1gUCDA!Nw62OvmMlLnPbSVWZj0jID2ZslsZEjf1CF1FmvoqaSI
WME.8.26 included
* Changes made for .06.01.16 -
Fixed a bug with suspicion and disposition not working for non brothel buildings.
Fixed some bugs in nonbrothel building's advertising sliders.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:09:07 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1273 on: March 21, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »
I'm a bit clueless about how success chances for girls going into catacombs are calculated
My Nr 1 Top Adventuress still fails alot and gets raped (somewhere around 30% chance)
even with 100 in constitution, strength, agility, combat, magic and mana (without any of her weapons equiped)
spirit and confidence are also high (70-80)

and she has most of the traits who could be important, even incorporeal
(yes i'm a bit of an perfectionist)
Edit: same goes for construct fightergirls

After some more tests, the results are something like 50% rape and 50% success.
(corrected after more tests and leaving out the character with the pure magic equipment)
Is there a base fail chance or some hidden catacombs skill she needs to level, to reduce this fail rate?

Girls with pure magic skill seem to lose or find no one all the time (or they don't equip their weapons for catacomb missions correctly)
(i have one with the "True Rattle of Entropy", -90 combat, +90 magic, +100 constitution, +incorporeal and she loses even against 1 monster)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:18:09 PM by Yukinohki »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1274 on: March 21, 2015, 07:39:50 PM »
I'm a bit clueless about how success chances for girls going into catacombs are calculated
My Nr 1 Top Adventuress still fails alot and gets raped (somewhere around 30% chance)
even with 100 in constitution, strength, agility, combat, magic and mana (without any of her weapons equiped)
spirit and confidence are also high (70-80)

and she has most of the traits who could be important, even incorporeal
(yes i'm a bit of an perfectionist)
Edit: same goes for construct fightergirls

After some more tests, the results are something like 50% rape and 50% success.
(corrected after more tests and leaving out the character with the pure magic equipment)
Is there a base fail chance or some hidden catacombs skill she needs to level, to reduce this fail rate?

Girls with pure magic skill seem to lose or find no one all the time (or they don't equip their weapons for catacomb missions correctly)
(i have one with the "True Rattle of Entropy", -90 combat, +90 magic, +100 constitution, +incorporeal and she loses even against 1 monster)
You should be able to look in the gamelog.txt for the fight log.

I did add something that I thought would make exploring the catacombs a bit harder but it may have made it too hard.
If the girl fights another girl to a draw, it is considered a loss.
This seems to be the only thing that can be causing your problem.
If an Incorporeal girl fights anyone without the Incorporeal trait, she automatically wins.
If she fights another Incorporeal girl, it is automatically a draw.

I will set it back to draw is neither win or loss for the next version.